The Nigerian-Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry is a private non-profit association of business and professional people. Our purpose is to serve as a voice and link between Indonesian businesses and Nigeria. For example, we promote business through events and festivals that also benefit the community.
– – –
Policy is set by a Board of Directors, which is comprised of representatives from all segments of the local business community. Most serve three-year terms (renewable for another term). Policy is executed by the President who also maintains the day-to-day operations affiliated with the Chamber.
That depends on what you want to get out of your membership. Our most satisfied members are those who attend meetings and activities, and who use the Chamber as a resource for information and business promotion. Chamber activities and meetings are the perfect place to make contacts with potential customers and business partners. The chamber is here to be a resource and provide opportunities for you to grow your business through education, networking, advocacy, etc.
Committees meet at varying times each month. Business After Hours are held upon the business owner’s request. These gatherings are social and business events that bring members together to meet, make new business contacts, and discuss issues with Chamber leaders.
Monthly Membership Meetings are held every month, at noon on the third Tuesday. Meetings are held at the Chamber and features lunch from a member restaurant, socializing, an update from the Chamber, and a different business-related topic.
An End of the Year Banquet for members is held every November, featuring dinner, Business Excellence awards, and a wrap-up of the year/preview of the next year.
The regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting is held the second Thursday of each month. All members are welcome to attend.
- Our e-newsletter with a mailing list of over 400. Your information can be added and is available at no cost to our members.
- Our Facebook page currently has over 1000 Likes and is growing.
- The Chamber Membership Mailing List can help you target Chamber members with your own mailing. We can either email you the list or print the list on labels provided by your business.
- Our office has a resource area open to the public. We are proud of our members and want to display their brochures, flyers and business cards.
- Set up a display table at one of our Chamber dinners. Do you have a new product, service or staff person to introduce to the business community? Or perhaps it has been a while since you formally reminded the business community of the consistent quality of service and products available at your business? As a showcase table host at the Nigerian Chamber of Commerce and Industry membership dinner you have the opportunity to fulfill either of these marketing strategies! A table is provided – so all you need to bring is your promotional material, which can be elaborate or very simple. Hosting a business card draw is a good way to attract attendees to your display. During the meeting, you will have the opportunity to tell the membership about your business – a mini commercial! Being a showcase table host at a membership meeting has many benefits – and the investment is very affordable at only #20000 (+ tax).
- Buy a sponsor button in our weekly newsletter – only #10000/week.
- Display your rack cards or business cards in our Chamber of Commerce office / Visitor Centre for hand-out to visitors and new business operators – it’s free with your membership!
- Be a Table Sponsor at a meeting – Table Sponsorship allows you to display literature on the dinner tables (only one table sponsor per meeting), address the membership for 3-5 minutes and also includes a display table.
- Chamber Membership Meeting– Investment: #36000
- Joint Membership Meeting — Investment: #90000
- Enhance your website NICCI membership logo: #100000 per annum
- Submit newsworthy (not advertising) items for our weekly newsletter.
- Attend Chamber of Commerce meetings and events and network, network, network!
Members are invited to join any committee that fits their needs and interests. Please call the office and speak with one of the staff. A list of committees is also included on the Investment Information form below.
No, Chamber policy is to study and take action on issues that affect our members and/or the community, but to leave the election of candidates to individuals. The Chamber needs to be able to work cooperatively with whoever is elected, and that cannot be accomplished if endorsements are made.
Yes, we are.
The Chamber has an executive staff member available to assist you with any special needs in working with the different departments of the government and the utility companies. The Chamber also offers City-related resources, such as permit and licensing information.
Please click on the membership tab on the home page of the website and select “Become a Member”, fill out the membership form and send.
Our Working hours
- Monday: 8.00am – 4.00pm
- Tuesday: 8.00am – 4.00pm
- Wednesday: 8.00am – 4.00pm
- Thursday: 8.00am – 4.00pm
- Friday: 8.00am- 4.00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
There are many ways you can get involved with the Nigeria-Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. You may just wish to take advantage of the networking, promotion and cultural opportunities, but for those wishing to move beyond that, there are other options:
- Serve on Committees and Task Forces.Whether you are a Board member or not, as a member, you can volunteer to serve on any of the committees and task forces that are necessary for the delivery of our services. This is where you can bring your experience to our team. You may choose to Chair a committee or simply join a group of dedicated volunteers to contribute to projects.
- Do you have special skills?Some of our members are artists, writers, photographers, musicians or are professionals from other fields. We welcome your input and are always happy to give you an opportunity to either showcase your talent or to help by applying your skills to our many undertakings.
Volunteers are always needed, in many different areas.
Of course, you could become a Director and sit on our Board, but, in addition, most of our sponsored events are spearheaded by a committee of volunteers who bring their specific experiences to the team. The Visitor Centre also needs people to assist the visitors we receive every year.
- Volunteer at the Visitor Centre. Our Visitor Centre welcomes over a lot of visitors each year. We supplement our regular staff with volunteers to assist these visitors. In this case, you receive Tourism BC training and become an accredited “Visitor Counselor”. Our Visitor Centre Manager will establish a schedule that will meet your availability. This is an exciting job where you can promote the Chamber and help our visitors.
We hear this question all the time from prospective Chamber members. Some of the top ways in which Nigerian-Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry members tell us membership has benefited their business are the Group Insurance Plan, Advocacy, Networking and Promotional Activities and Exclusive Member Discounts.
- We also provide our new members a membership plaque to proudly display your membership. Many members look for it while doing business with one another.
- The Chamber hosts ribbon cuttings for open houses and grand openings, which includes newspaper coverage.
- The Chamber has a grand opening banner available for loan to Chamber members at a charge.
- Special requests you don’t see above? We can work something out!
HOW CAN WE
Contact us at the Nigeria-Indonesia Chamber of Commerce office or submit a business inquiry online.